Amazon Echo is very useful, but can also be a lot of fun. In fact, Alexa is not always serious. She has a funny side as well if you know the right questions to ask. These extra, added funny, snarky responses are referred to as Easter Eggs. In fact, you can ask Alexa to give you an Easter Egg and she will reveal one of the many that are programmed.
This post uses affiliate links. If you click on my links, I may receive compensation at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog. Read my disclosure policy for more info.
We stumbled across these fun responses shortly after installing our first Amazon Echo when one of my boys asked Alexa who would win the Super Bowl last year (2018). She replied, “I’m flying with the Eagles with this one because of their relentless defense and the momentum they’ve been riding off their underdog status. E-A-G-L-E-S. Eagles.” We thought that was so funny that we started trying to find more of those funny responses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4obQEWz4hiY
- Check out Wendy’s video demonstrating how to use Alexa to make lists: https://youtu.be/9QBl3cqG6Xg
I don’t want to spoil the surprise since so much of the fun comes from hearing her response, so I will just give you the command to try. Here are some basic things to ask:
- Alexa, tell me a joke.
- Alexa, knock, knock.
- Alexa, see you later alligator.
- Alexa, how much wood would a wood chuck chuck?
- Alexa, where’s Waldo?
- Alexa, drop a beat.
- Alexa, take me to your leader.
- Alexa, testing 1, 2, 3
- Alexa, roses are red
- Alexa, one fish, two fish
- Alexa, what do you want to be when you grow up?
- Alexa, do you like pizza?
- Alexa, are there UFOs
- Alexa, which comes first, the chicken or the egg?
- Alexa, pretend to be a supervillian/superhero.
- Alexa, what are the five greatest words in the English language?
- Alexa, how much do you weigh?
- Alexa, do you like green eggs and ham?
- Alexa, do you speak pig latin?
- Alexa, you are fired.
- Alexa, start the self destruct sequence.
If you like movies, there are a ton of movie references that you can use as commands to see what Alexa responds with. Here are a few:
- Alexa, party on Wayne
- Alexa, who you gonna call?
- Alexa, what happens if you cross the streams?
- Alexa, do you wanna build a snowman?
- Alexa, I want the truth.
- Alexa, are you Skynet?
- Alexa, I’ll be back.
- Alexa, I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.
- Alexa, what is your favorite movie/Christmas movie?
- Alexa, nobody puts baby in the corner.
- Alexa, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby.
- Alexa, E.T. phone home.
- Alexa, I’ll take the blue pill.
- Alexa, are we in the Matrix?
- Alexa, Happy Hunger Games
- Alexa, I made my family disappear.
- Alexa, supercalifragilisticexpialodocious
- Alexa, what’s the first rule/second rule of Fight Club?
You can kind of tell that techno geeks are behind the programming of Alexa, because there are a lot of commands that come from movies/TV shows like Star Wars and Star Trek. Here are some of those:
- Alexa, I am your father.
- Alexa, these aren’t the droids you are looking for.
- Alexa, may the force be with you.
- Alexa, who is your favorite Star Wars character?
- Alexa, aren’t you a little short for a storm trooper?
- Alexa, who shot first?
- Alexa, that’s no moon.
- Alexa, it’s a trap.
- Alexa, use the Force.
- Alexa, beam me up.
- Alexa, live long and prosper.
- Alexa, make it so.
- Alexa, what is your mission?
- Alexa, Star Trek or Star Wars?
There are some from a couple of my favorite movies, Princess Bride and all the Harry Potter movies. Try out some of these:
- Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya.
- Alexa, inconceivable.
- Alexa, no more rhyming and I mean it.
- Alexa, Wingardium Leviosa.
- Alexa, I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
- Alexa, Lumos
- Alexa, Expelliarmous
- Alexa, after all this time.
- Alexa, what is your Harry Potter House?
If you like music, there are some commands for that too. Try these:
- Alexa, I shot a man in Reno.
- Alexa, what does the fox say?
- Alexa, what’s the loneliest number?
- Alexa, how much is that doggie in the window?
- Alexa, do you really wanna hurt me?
- Alexa, never gonna give you up.
- Alexa, is this the real life?
- Alexa, who let the dogs out?
- Alexa, who put the bop in the bop-she-bop-she-bop?
- Alexa, watch me whip
- Alexa, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQP_VKmn3ko)
- Alexa, rap for me.
- Alexa, sing your favorite song.
- Alexa, what’s the difference between Under Pressure and Ice, Ice Baby?
These listed barely scratch the surface. And there are new ones all the time. You can even ask Alexa to tell you some by saying, “Alexa, give me an Easter Egg.” What is your favorite? Or do you know of some good, funny ones that I do not have listed? Let us know in the comments below.
Thanks for being part of the Tech Lovin’ Mom Community.
Get your very own Amazon Echo with Alexa by clicking HERE.